Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fear 101




This morning I vowed to start a blog. Here it is. I've been hearing a still, small voice telling me "Write it Down" for the past 2 years and have poo-poo'd the idea - until last night.

I was sharing some recent exciting events with a dear, lifelong friend who seemed to be blown away by all the creative ideas and insights flowing through me. He simply said, "I want you to write it down." I guess Spirit decided that, if I wouldn't listen to a still small voice, it would instead use the louder voice of a 30-year radio veteran! *The irony of a "radio voice" transmitting over the airway of my soul is not lost on me!

This morning I decided to contemplate and examine the reasons, er, EXCUSES why I would ignore this direct invitation to write.
  1. I am not a writer
  2. I sit at the computer all day long at work; I don't want to spend even MORE time flattening my once firm, high buttocks!
  3. I don't want to use my laptop because I don't like the mouse pad and I don't type as well on it.
I'm sure there were more but 3 were all I needed to start exploring where the excuses originated. That answer came quickly: FEAR.

If I bare my soul and my journey these past 2 years, through menopause, then the dissolution of my business partnership, subsequent "deer-in-headlights" "why am I here" phase and on into a Spiritual Awakening, what would people say? Better yet? Who would care to read about it?

I decided to put it aside for the time-being, happy that I had found the root of my excuses and fully planning to do the inner work to release and let go – later. A procrastinator to the end, I went on to read my morning devotionals, meditate and then get on with the day.

I opened Science of Mind /Guide for Spiritual Living to today's date. The title? "NO FEAR". I couldn't tell you what the body of the reading was but the meditational thought comes from A Course in Miracles: "The opposite of love is FEAR, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite." Simply, Love and fear cannot co-exist. Since I know I am made from Spirit/God/Divine Intelligence – whatever name you want to name it - and that force is pure LOVE, then this fear thing cannot truly exist. But that's a subject for another blog….

Now, I am a huge fan of the God Winks so this was just another confirmation that I was on track. But Spirit wasn't finished with Its confirmation for me yet! I opened my email and there, from David Neale Walsch was my "God wants you to know" thought for today entitled "It is never safe to look into the future with eyes of fear".

My spiritual mentor, Michael Beckwith, likes to say, "If you're not standing on the edge, you're taking up too much room!" So, with that, I walk to the edge and I take my leap into the blogosphere, having been gently coaxed by Spirit, invited more loudly by someone who has always had my highest and best interest in mind, and finally confirmed in the WRITINGS of strangers. Message received!

In the coming weeks I am going to go back to the beginning, sharing some life-changing events and insights and the people who have helped guide me, inspire me and support me along the journey. It's by no means over. It is just beginning! My wish is that something in what I write resonates with my readers and reminds us all that we are not alone.

PB&J




4 comments:

  1. Good for you Beth to take the leap. I realize that our reconnection on Facebook is a strange thing since our friendship was brief and began and ended in one year in grade school. Still, I have to say that I look forward to your daily positive comments and obvious deep level of spirituality. Although our spiritual and life paths are way different I feel like you are definitely someone I would enjoy getting to know and having as a friend. I look forward to more blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wonderful! I always love your facebook comments and I enjoyed hearing some of the tidbits of info so this will bring much joy to me! Thank you for following your call,
    in LOVE and deLIGHT,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, regardless of the length or depth of our friendship over the past 50 years, I had an insight about your comment this morning. I remember that one year in grade school SO VERY clearly! I remember your accident, I remember coming over to visit you often while you were in that body cast. I remember the wire hanger you used to scratch with as your body healed! I guess you could say YOU are my earliest memory of what I have come to know about what I want to be in my life: to be of service. The simple act
    as a small child, visiting a homebound friend, I now REmember why I am here. With that, we are forever linked! Thank you Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be invited to your blog-housewarming party! This is wonderfully expressed...you even mentioned the "God Winks"
    YAY You!
    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete