Friday, March 9, 2012

microgivingworks!!



Last month's blog and the previous month's financial challenge have birthed something new in these interwebs today!  microgivingworks.com has launched!  I am so very excited to have been the vessel through which this idea came streaming!

Last Tuesday, as I was walking from my mailbox to my front door, I suddenly saw a (what I can only describe as a hologram)  website "building" itself. It was like those crime shows of today where the lead cop is running his finger across a large screen, moving perps & victims around. Or, some space age Star Trek technology where Captain Kirk can look into other dimensions or places through some magical screen. Come to think of it, I could also compare it to my favorite childhood afternoon TV host, Hobo Kelly, looking through her magical mirror and saying hello to us from the other side of the TV screen, somehow seeing all the world through that mirror. 

But I digress! Back to MY hologram!  I saw a framework for a website piecing itself together before my very eyes. I instantly knew what it would be called, what its function would be, how it would look, and all of the inner workings of it - even though I have ZERO experience in this field (as is evidenced by my use of the word "interwebs" above!)

I ran as fast as I could back to my apartment and starting writing down the details of what I saw, the domain name, and finally, tag line options. This all transpired in the space of about 5 minutes!

The next day, while visiting a friend, a conversation about my $5.00 God Experiment came up and I shared with her the vision of the previous day.  "You KNOW I build websites for a living, right?" she asked. Yes, I knew that but I had no money for such an extravagance at this point in time.  She would have none of that! She thought the idea had merit and we moved from her sofa to her computer and began work.  Within hours the basic idea had gone from my notepad to her computer screen.  Together our ideas came so rapid-fire it was, at times, hard to keep up!  It was an amazing experience of being absolutely in alignment with my purpose: to be a beneficial presence on the planet. And...to be a PHILANTHROPIST!!!

Today with great joy, gratitude and enthusiasm, we have launched microgivingworks.com; grass roots philanthropy, $5.00 at a time!  Please visit the website, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join in on the absolute joy of making a difference in people's lives! Forgo that latte today and give to someone in need! We are all in this together! Let's take care of each other!

Til next time,

beth o'dell
grass roots philanthropist

No comments:

Post a Comment