Friday, August 5, 2011

Spiritual Time Out

I am having one of those moments.  One of those times when you need to whine and complain and worry over a situation that, when it clears, will have you saying, “Now WHY did I get so worked up over that again?”
Instead of denying my emotions or the existence of this experience, I am doing what one of my teachers has suggested: Giving myself a sort of Spiritual Time Out.  5 minutes to feel all the crappy feelings I am feeling.  Experience all my “problems” and possible outcomes associated with them. I am timing it!
Then, when minute 6 rolls around, I am going to stop.  I am going to stop telling God about my little problems and am going to tell my little problems about my BIG GOD, and BOY! They had better watch out!
In minute 6 I am going to return to my Truth. The only truth there is: God is all there is.  All my needs are met - ALWAYS. Everything is working together for my good. I live, move and have my being in God.
Even in minute ONE, I know this truth.  I know it because it is part of the fabric of my BEing.  It’s just that, sometimes, this human experience causes me to temporarily forget who and Whose I am; that I am a Spiritual being having a human experience.
So, got anything you want to whine about with me?  The clock starts NOW!






No comments:

Post a Comment